Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Water Color Portrait

     For my water color portrait project I chose to use a picture of me golfing. Golfing is a passion of mine that I really enjoy. This project entailed a long list of instructions that I had to follow meticulously. First I had to increase the contrast and the brightness of the image to eliminate grey tones. After I edited the original photograph I had to create to versions of the picture. One that had a high threshold and another that had a watercolor filter. After doing this I merged the two layers along with watercolor to create this image.

     At first I struggled with the merging but after a while I realized I needed to clean up the image and erase all of these stray gray marks. If I were to improve on my project for next time I would make sure to use a picture that wasn't so pixelated. Believe it or not the final project would've come out even better than it did. Overall I think the project was a success. The artwork turned out great and I had fun working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment