Thursday, June 23, 2016

first entry pt.2


Photography is not only a fun hobby, but it’s a way to show another side of you to the world. When I show my pictures to people I know they gain a better understanding of who I am as a person. Before I could’ve just been their student, friend, or relative each only knowing one side of me. I’m drawn to photography for this reason. It makes me happy when other people enjoy my work. While I do feel proud of my photos, I am better rewarded when others can see them. Some may think photography is simple and not creative, I believe that only applies to bad photographers. Good photographers have a creative spark that allows them to see an interesting angle or a unique setting. Over the course of two years I believe I am an experienced photographer. I may not understand the buttons on professional cameras, or the ins and outs of photoshop, but I have developed an eye for a great picture and I belive that’s the most important skill you can have as a photographer. I find my self usually taking pictures of nature or my surroundings, but nothing specific. If I see something cool or I think could make a cool picture I take it. To become a better photographer photoshop is vital so I’d like to learn how to edit my picutres better on a professional application. I think that my pictures reflect me being a more right brained person. I love the creative aspect of photography. When looking at my photographs someone can see that I love nature, people, and interesting settings. I love to take pictures to capture the stillness of nature or bustling cities. I aspire to be like Peter Lik who is a photographer I have liked for a long time. His pictures are incredible, he uses long exposures to capture all the colors in an amazing nature setting. But if there’s one thing you should know about me as a photographer its that the pictures I take are unique and not taken before.

No comments:

Post a Comment