Tuesday, June 28, 2016

surrealism project


Surrealism Project: In this project I was prompted to create an imaginary scene based on a surreal experience in my life and I chose to base it off of my trip to paris over thanksgiving. But I needed to use my own pictures except for little things which I could get online. So on the bottom I used a picture of the buildings of paris and of the Eiffel Tour that I took from the Arc de Triomphe. On photoshop I cut off the top portion that featured a beautiful sunset. Secondly in place of the sky I added a picture I took of the subway. This creates the first part of the surreal effect. I also added an Air France plane to the top left that seemed to be landing. Finally the French flags on different buildings symbolize the unity and pride of the country. We happened to visit Paris two weeks after the horrible shootings. One thing that couldn't go unnoticed was how defiant the french people were. Flags hung everywhere and although the shootings were horrific, the people came together to stay resilient.

No comments:

Post a Comment